So I decided that I wanted to start out the new year with a new attitude. After having two babies and not recognizing my body anymore, I need a change. As most anyone who knows me knows I have never been a person who is obsessed with the number on the scale or the tag on my clothes. I just want to feel good and be healthy. Most of all I want to be a good role model for my boys. I want to be fun and active with them. I don't want to be sluggish and tired and just sit around all the time.
So to that end I decided that I was going to start eating better and exercising. I am a very routine person. Once I get into a routine I will stick with it 110%. The problem for me is getting started and staying motivated while it becomes a routine. So I decided to get some help with this.
My very good friend Carolyn Barnett is an amazing nutritionist!! She started a business a couple years ago and I worked with her. It worked well for me then and I wanted to see if it could help me again now. She realizes no one can live depriving themselves of everything they like every day. Or that every day can't be perfect when you have little kids and a job and family and house and life!!! She helps you to work with those things so that you can have a healthy life style and not be dieting. I know dieting may work for some but it has never worked for me. She is very practical about how she does things. She is also very sweet and a huge support! So I called her up and am working with her again. It is so helpful to have her for accountability and motivation.
I have gone back to an old work out that I know works for me and am working with eating more healthy. Has it been perfect? NO...hell no!! Will it ever be perfect with the life I lead? Absolutely NOT!! Am I doing much better and feeling better? 100% YES!!! I am feeling better and starting to see a difference. The numbers that I don't care as much about are even dropping which is a plus!!!
I am so happy to be moving forward in this new year with a new plan and a new outlook. I am just hoping now that I can keep up with it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment